Saturday, October 17, 2015

War of the Roses


The colors on this Reaper figure are a huge change from most of what I have been doing lately, as I try to get myself into a different palette mode for upcoming projects.


Brighter, more saturated colors will be necessary, and I have been spending months of painting quite muted, natural earth tone colors.  I will also have to do a lot of complex freehand, so time to get a little extra practice there as well!


It was a lot of fun to return to this kind of palette, which was more my normal style for years.  I suppose that's why I was so comfortable with the Tzeentch figures!


She's also here:



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work. The freehand on the cloak is superb. The tasseled-fringe effect (for lack of a better term) you've achieved along the hem really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's a pattern that I had wanted to try for a long time :-)

      Delete