Saturday, June 20, 2015

Take Caution!


Well, not really!  It's just time to paint some containers!


I used the black craft paint as I usually do in this stage, since it flows very well over the wood texture.


I painted the inside a few different shades of grey...


And even put a bit of rust and grime in there just to make it more interesting.


That's plenty.  Since it's very dark inside the interior, I boosted the colors a bit.


Now for the same treatment on the rig.  I mixed in some brown craft paint with the rust and black.


There were a lot of places to hit on the undercarriage.


These views of the palette should give you a good idea of the color mixes.

Since I was using the craft paint and working quickly, I could do some wet blending right on the surface.


Once all that dried, I hit a few spots with very intense oxidation.


Nothing Sci-fi is complete without caution stripes!!


A touch of weathering, and you're good to go!

Stay tuned for the container next.


3 comments:

  1. Great Job, Jim. What colors do you use for the rust?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was just orange mixed with black and a little bit of reddish brown...

      Delete