Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The March of the Thralls


Today we have some group shots of the second set of Thralls.


As usual, seeing these things as a group for the first time is always a revelation.


While I perpetually work in an assembly line fashion, these guys were not done in one massive set of ten or twenty.  Work circumstances dictated otherwise, so there were times where I would complete three at a time, or two, or occasionally just one.


This had a lot to do with what colors were on the palette at the moment, and what other figures I was working on.  For instance, if I was glazing and shading golds, I would be sure to use some of that on these guys.  The same went for black.


If I happened to be doing red glow on a bunch of other figures, that's when I would do the same with the Thralls.  

Keeping the line moving in any way possible is essential to maximum efficiency!


2 comments:

  1. Stunning work as always! Your painting style rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the kind words! These little buggers were tricksy :-)

      Delete