Saturday, December 6, 2014

I thought I saw a pussy cat...


You saw the glazing process on this bad boy, and now some finished images for you!


I wanted to have some lion-like golden browns and sienna on this, but I also wanted to give it more of a Chaos appearance.  So, I tried to work in as many greens and purples as I could.


Those colors are also nice compliments to the golden browns and such, which helps to create more variety and depth this large creature, avoiding lots of monotonous areas of color.


While it's even more necessary to do such things on these big guys, it's also a little easier.  You don't have compressed areas which might look too crazy with so much color variation.


I also was aware that I had the snow as a contrast... but it was also something that had to influence the colors facing the ground.  Much more green in the shading there!


And now for a size comparison. The Beastman is on a 30mm base.  Yup... big kitty!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment