Monday, May 26, 2014

It comes in pints?


All right!  Another busy day with Screaming Heretic!  The first order of business was to head to Games Plus in an attempt to pick up certain critical supplies that seem to be perpetually out of stock in online markets.

Also, I wanted to test out some other items which Joe had pointed out to me.

Among these was the Black Lava.  I was replacing my old Oxide Paste, as well as my Water Effects.


I have been waiting on my Sepia Shade to show up for a while.  When I looked for it on the shelf, I saw a host of other shades!  Huzzah and glory be!  There were all these additional shades too!!!


I was also happy to find a replacement to my Woodland Scenics ivy kit.  Fantastic!!!!


I took some of the regular cork bases that were waiting for some black lava!


Some quick application of the black lava.  It has a slightly different texture from the oxide paste, although not as much as I had expected.


I tried to experiment with one of my flat sculpting tools to see if I could make the same slate texture that you can sculpt with the oxide paste.  Once again, it works a bit differently...


After that dried, I put a few layers of paint on them.


Here they are prior to the glazes.


Glazes applied!  Stay tuned for more experimentation!


2 comments:

  1. So for most figures and bases, you do all the basing and all the figure painting separately?

    I'm guessing pinning for everything, both metal and plastic figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, nearly every single figure is painted from the base separately. I pin the figure to a dowel rid, which makes it far easier to paint! :-)

      Delete