Friday, February 14, 2014

The next conversion


OK, we continue with that converted Grey Knight terminator squad from years past.

As I look at these again for the first time in a long time, I remember how much I learned in the process of converting and resculpting them.

Just like the rest of the squad, I took a regular space marine, added length to the legs and arms, the extra armor, and so on.


These guys required a number of layers.  I had to do one area, leave it alone, and move on to the next guy as that one set up.  Then I used green stuff to do all the lettering and finer details.


And here he is painted!  Heck, I remember how my painting techniques were only just beginning to move in the direction in which they have progressed since then.


While these guys were painted in a huge rush to be ready for Games Day, I know that my current techniques could have done the job in half the time...


No comments:

Post a Comment