Wednesday, June 12, 2013

You might even say it glows... Object Source Lighting


This Alastriel figure from Reaper Miniatures was an ideal candidate for the Object Source lighting video.  I needed one that had two very clearly defined 'objects' to create glowing effects and reflected light.

This way, I could show a few different colors.


Also, as you can see, the sword actually hangs down below the line of the base.  This gave me one more opportunity to create additional light reflections!


We emphasized the effects more than I normally would, so that they would show up better in the video.  Ordinarily, they would be more subtle...

Next in the queue is the "Standard NMM" figure, also from Reaper Miniatures.  Stay tuned!


8 comments:

  1. wow, this really shows how to work with light! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the kind words. I can never get enough OSL!

      Delete
  2. Wow that's incredible I dream of learning how to shadow and highlight to take my miniature painting to next Level from
    Basic painting. Do you by chance have a or know a detailed tutorial guide on how to shade and highlight?

    For noobs to learn and progress to expert techniques

    My email nWo_life4ever@hotmail.com plz reply

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! You can search the blog for things like 'step by step' guides (there are dozens of them that you will find). I also have some on the top bar of the blog.

    Finally, this post was a sample figure from my Painting Pyramid series of How to paint Videos. That will go public in October or November.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool thanks I Play heroclix and I like to repaint my figures and give them. Better look and now want to step it up. I dont suppose you
    Take commissions do you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a blast! Very cool. I do take commissions, but I can say that for the next few months at least I will remain buried in Kickstarter work :-)

      Delete