Friday, June 21, 2013

They might be giants... something from Ultraforge


Today was another day of bouncing back and forth between prepping and painting.  As paint was drying, out came the files and carving tools!  Those were focused on 3 Ultraforge big guys, including this giant.

The image from the Ultraforge site above gives you an idea of how big he is.., truly living up to the label "giant". :-)

Here are the parts of the kit.  Not a lot of pieces to worry about here...


Once the mould lines had been filed down and hacked away, out came the glue and green stuff.

While the pieces fit together pretty well, I always like to sandwich green stuff in between those layers of glue for extra stability.  It automatically fills in those inevitable gaps, which means I don't have to fill in more later!


Head, torso and legs all set...


Then add the hands and club.


There were not many places to fill in with the green stuff later, which was nice, given how huge this is.  I will probably use the base that comes with this, in case Ultraforge wants to use the images on their website.

Some of the painting on this will be included in the "Using Powdered Pigments" video.  I had envisioned the powders as an ideal way to paint large creatures such as this, so I will be filming most of the painting of this giant, if not all of it.


2 comments:

  1. I love Ultraforge's giant, its probably my favorite giant sculpt on the market. Can't wait to see what you do with it James, your painting style will do wonders with all that skintone!

    Granesh
    Smells Like Wargaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! I really do like the tattoo designs they did on this guy, so I think I will do something similar...

      Delete