Sunday, April 14, 2013

Death from the skies!



Here is the nearly completed 'duel' between the Character and the Razorwing!

It took a while to get things positioned, made even more difficult by the fact that I wanted to magnetize the character.  He can go on his own base if I ever wanted to play a game with him.

There was a lot of trial and error to get him to aim at the Razorwing, but ultimately I was successful. :-)


I still hope to do some weathering powder stuff on this, as in a bit of scorch marks and such.


As I mentioned in the previous post, this Cyberwolf is from Raging Heroes, who do such incredible work with their figures.


This is going to have a very interesting place of prominence on the display board.  It is very heavily magnetized.  So strong, in fact, that I have to make sure I don't rip the sheet metal away with the base!


I got a bead on it... come on... just one shot!


So, upwards and onwards!!!!  Stay tuned for more. 



14 comments:

  1. Interesting - it's the first "duel" diorama I've seen between a ground based character and a flyer.

    I'm sorry - but I'm not getting a good sense of action between them. The flyer is just too staid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Simply, wow. Beautiful line work, colors, and detail. Amazing.

    I hesitate to judge the two models together, without seeing how this model and it's base will interact with the rest of your display board.

    How are your practice games coming with your DE list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to stop doing the practice games once the table became a construction zone. The results from what we did before that were consistent, however. Against space marines, I will be demolished in 2-3 turns. Against stuff as squishy as me (IG, maybe Tau, etc), the roles are almost reversed.

      Delete
  3. That razor wing is absolutely stunning James mate, the freehand really pops on this model. I would be so scared to weather something like this after painting it so well. So scared I would just ruin it and kick myself for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! The weathering in this case is just a few streaks in key areas (like I did for the Storm Ravens) which help to add a level of depth to the freehand, since this covers it slightly. Here's hoping those extra hours come from somewhere!

      Delete
  4. This is meant purely as a jest. No offense intended.

    Damn you! How dare you show us up and have us crawling to corner for shelter. Damn you, for painting an awesome Razorwing.

    /off to research magnetization.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he! :-) Magnetization takes many forms for me, with new situations cropping up all the time. This army has required several new methods. It's always harder to do that with 'organic' shapes such as these, as opposed to the clunkier space marine stuff :-)

      Delete
  5. Many thanks! :-) Since I wanted to have a certain theme to the base for the flyer (as much surface area for that freehand as possible), I needed to minimize the 'footprint' of the marine.

    There was also not enough time for me to carry out the original idea. This was a compromise so that it could get done in time, but still be unique...

    ReplyDelete
  6. James... you did it again! Mind blow stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks :-) Not long before all this will be in action!

      Delete
  7. how do you attach the flyer stand so it is firmly attached to the base? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few pins inside that keep it attached.

      Delete
  8. Amazing job !
    The details are incredible the base is particularly successful.
    This idea of ​​duel, is very interesting.
    To accentuate the scene a simple angle change of Eldar could reinforce the idea.

    ReplyDelete