Saturday, March 9, 2013

Finishing up the fort



After abandoning the windy brush for the hairy sticks, I set about to finish this the 'old fashioned' way.

I took Catlthan brown and mixed that with Reaper grey liner to do a combination of darker shading and rust/weathering.  I didn't want to get too crazy with it.  If I had more dullcoate around, I might have even used some weathering powders...


I focused on making streaks of rust and stains, which I thought would show up nicely with the angle I had cut the walls.  The extra rivets came out well, and the cereal box plating stood up equally as well to pretty watery paint.



After all the weathering was done, as well as the door, I used the grey liner pant to create the cracks in the concrete sections...


Close up on the door:


Zombie Attack!  How did he get in?!





2 comments:

  1. Those details and weathering really pulled that whole thing together. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have some pictures of it with minis coming later tonight :-)

      Delete