Sunday, March 24, 2013

Don't be such a pain... the Chronos is DONE!



Yea!  The first 'big' piece of the army is actually finished!  There is more I would have liked to do, but tine's a wastin', and this will have to do for now.


The carapace shell was a great opportunity to test out the freehand on a larger scale.  Since I will be doing this on all the vehicles, it would be nice to get an idea of how it will look on something bigger than a regular infantry sized mini!


I had lots of fun using the fluorescents to create the noxious poisons dripping off the metal tentacles and the snout/stinger.  In some ways, this was like painting a giant, armored floating Grotesque.


I also enjoyed making the glowing stuff on the spirit siphon.


For kicks, I had some of the poison dripping off the tentacles onto the blasted concrete...


So, with this test complete, I can try out one of the Venoms now!  Stay tuned!



8 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you would tie in the hot pants with a model that doesn't wear pants. Nice contrast with the warm and cool tones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I am really looking forward to doing the flying stuff, which has even more surface for the freehand!

      Delete
  2. That's one of my favourites. Superb colours. A real piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! I thought long and hard to find a way to make this particular group of Dark Eldar unique... hopefully that goal is met!

      Delete
  3. Just amazing, can't wait to get my videos!
    Are you doing any Harlequins by any chance? Would love to see them done to such a standard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! If you look through the Eldar gallery, you should run across a several posts of Harlequin pictures :-)

      Delete
  4. Man you´re a Master whit the pincel...the freehands in the Armor are Amazing..Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked that! Thanks for checking out the blog!

      Delete