Wednesday, February 20, 2013

That is so grotesque...


Here we have the first color test mini for my unit of Grotesques!  This first one was very difficult, as I was trying to see what I could do to make them different from what I have seen, but still have all the effects that I wanted.


I had to go with the lighter skin tones, since I wanted to show the irritated flesh where things have been grafted on, and the veins.  With all the crazy F-cast mishaps involved with these, my choices were limited even further,  That was kinda irritating.


There were entire parts in these kits that were unusable, or even non-existent.  I even had to change the way I was going to do some of the glow from the tubes on the back due to the casting issues.

So, I did what I could, and I will have to leave the rest to the painting.


Hopefully they will still look interesting!!!


Stay tuned for much more, as I start to gear up for Adepticon and the 40k tournament!!!!






6 comments:

  1. Yep. I had to extensively convert mine thanks to f-cast too. Your painting is so solid that even if there were entire parts missing I would probably just be like: "Holy crap, how'd you make it look like his digits are missing?!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel so guilty, yet so relieved, when others tell me that they had the same kind of horror stories. Had I known these would be like this, I would have used plastic ogres instead with some conversions. Polystyrene tubing for vials, other bits as extra arms, and so on...

      Delete
  2. Astonishingly good work...your painting more then makes up for the failcasts.
    The lava pants is the only thing I'm not sure about...yet they bring some much needed warm tones to the model...so yeah, awesome work as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The freehand design is going to be used on most of the army... something that is manageable in this compressed time frame. It's not what I originally had in mind, but circumstances have changed a lot!

      Delete
    2. What you've never heard of HOT pants?! Sorry, I can't help myself. PUNS FOR THE PUN GOD!!!!

      Delete
    3. With all the chemical products flowing through these guys, I'm sure a lot of stuff is runnin' hot! :-)

      Delete