Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The first images of the painted Mastodon


Well, Merry Christmas!  Happy Holidays to one and all!

On this busy day for everyone, I have a little something for you to look at.  Here we have a variety of long distance shots of the painted Mastodon.  For those who did not see the work in progress images, I suggest that you check out those posts from a few days ago.


These long shots give you a pretty good sense of the scale of this piece.


The wooden plaque was pretty huge, and this beast took up a fair chunk of that space. :-)





Well, I hope that Santa brings everybody of very cool stuff!  Take care, and many thanks for helping me to make this blog such a wonderful addition to my own life in 2012!!!

8 comments:

  1. Woahhhhh! That was an quick update! I looks fantastic, a real christmas-gift to the followers.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This piece is a Golden Oldie, so more pics coming today!!

      Delete
  2. Merry christmas mr. Wappel to you and your close ones. Your posts keep me smilling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! I think there will be lots of fun stuff coming in the New Year!!!!

      Delete
  3. This blog was one of the best of 2012!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot overestimate how amazing it is to hear those kind words! Lots of work goes into the blog (labor of love), and I always wonder if it contributes something positive and fun!

      If it does, then Mission Accomplished. But the mission will continue!!!

      Delete