Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Finishing your blasted base...


OK!  We are just about finished with our base.  We have the blasted concrete  section, and our deck plating.  I want to add a few more details...


I have various sizes of  polystyrene tubing that I use to create rivets and nuts.  You need a super sharp blade, and some patience.  I sliced away at the tube, trying to create narrow "coins" that I can glue onto my plasticard.  Sometimes they are too thick, or not even.  It is possible to file them down once they are glued, so all is not lost if they are not perfect cuts!



I put a dot of glue on my platsicard with a pin, and place the chips on the edging.


A bigger piece of tubing is used for a larger conduit/pipe.


Some oxide paste helps cover up the seams...


More oxide paste completes the base insert.


Yea!



No comments:

Post a Comment