Monday, October 15, 2012

Painting the Bronze Goddess



OK, here are some images of the diorama after it had been painted.  I knew that I needed some contrast in colors, so I chose the Dark Green marble which would  contrast nicely with the bronze goddess herself!


It can be a bit of a challenge to vary the "grain" of the marble, which can show individual pieces or slabs of marble very clearly.







My next post will have close up pictures of the goddess and of the miniature.  Stay tuned!!



2 comments:

  1. That white marble is amazing!!! I havent seen stone painted so cleanly before. whilst tutorials have been posted before, I think everyone would find a video of your actual brush stroke a valuable experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! At the moment, I do not have a video camera (nor the software to edit it), but I do hope to eventually be able to do something like that :-)

      Delete