Tuesday, September 11, 2012

High Elf Tower diorama

Photobucket

Here's a diorama that I sculpted years ago.  It was for a Celtos faction of High Elves called the Sidhe.  It is the tallest piece that I have done until recently.  The entire building was sculpted with white sculpey (see WIP images further down).

Photobucket

Photobucket

All of the knotwork designs were the biggest challenge to create.

Photobucket

Carrying the knotwork around the curved dome surface was extremely difficult.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are a few images with a miniature, which gives you an idea of scale!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had fun sculpting the door texture :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are the WIP images showing the sculpting...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One last close up!

Photobucket

I hope you enjoyed this piece.  It is so incredibly different than my approach today!

No comments:

Post a Comment