Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Elven Sentry Post: Stage THREE

Photobucket

The sculpting was done, and then it was time to paint this thing. :-)

It was pretty basic, just a variety of warmer and cooler browns, with a few greenish colors here and there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Most of the branches were going to be covered in foliage, so I didn't go too crazy painting them.

Photobucket

I put a few little freehand designs on the platforms... again, there will be lots of foliage everywhere.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I painted up a few Reaper minis to go on the platforms:

Photobucket

Photobucket

This sets the stage for the final phase, where I glue all sorts of foliage to my hand!!  Yea!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this takes me back. Didn't you make this back in 2004 or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, during the Golden Age of Dioramas. I think the last one was the Celtos Mastadon. I can't wait to post the pics of that with all the neon sculpey!!! :-)

      Delete