Thursday, July 26, 2012

Monster Mash: The Hierotitan is completed!

Photobucket

Joining his buddy the Colossus from yesterday, I managed to get the Hierotitan painted as well!  Just two more monsters to go!

Photobucket

Here are a series of images to show as much detail as possible on this piece.  It was fun to tie in the freehand with the Colossus, and to get the scales glued on there at last!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Timmy and Tommy together at last!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I took a few images of these two guys on the display board just to see how they look.  I will post those on Thursday...

6 comments:

  1. Very, Very cool :)

    looking forward to a big group shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puts my hierotitan to shame I'm both jealous of, and in awe of your skills. I have you ever thought about creating tutorial videos on how you make this stuff? I'd even pay to learn how to do this stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! After all this craziness is over, and I can get a camera, learn to use it, get some editing software, etc., I do plan on making how to videos!

      Delete
  3. Holy cow, these guys are nuts! What I find amazing about your scratch built big guys is your ability to create a level of detail that matches the smaller models in the army. I'm also a big fan of the skulls on the loincloths, reminds me of Iron Maiden album artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fo rthe kind words! From the beginning, I always had a blast sculpting my own big guys. While cost saving are involved, it is very fun to make something that fits your army theme exactly! It's even better when there is no official figure, either :-)

      Delete
  4. I've been stuck with the scales of my Hierotitan for a while now, and never thought to use sword bitz for the scales. Very well done. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete