Friday, July 27, 2012

Gearing up for the big day! Forces arrayed in the Tomb

Photobucket
OK!  Here we go!  I am still making final adjustments and touches to the army, but here is how it stood as of 4am this morning.

Photobucket

I tried a bunch of shots with the flash this time, since there was some success the last time around.  We have images from a variety of areas, starting with the whole board...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's an unusual angle:
Photobucket

Now for some close ups...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here we have some interior shots.  Some with flash, but a few without, so you ca get a feel for how the interior lights really create a wild effect...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then some additional shots of the ground level...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If anyone is still actually looking at this post by now, I do want to pass along a bunch of thank yous.

First, to Cathy, who has put up with this (and me!) for 14 very long months, which have all been pretty difficult.  Thank you for your patience, and I love you! :-)

To Jon Minard and Marty Gaska, for contributing mass amounts of raw materials for this project.  This thing does not even get off the ground unless Jon's got my back!

To Rich Circo and his son AJ, who kept my gaming interest alive after some ugly tournament experiences.  You guys made me see the fun in this, and then got me into LOTR!  Cool!  Many thanks.

Everyone at the Bunker... Larry, Phil, Chris, Kevin, Rob, Dean, Mike, Katie, Chad, John, Joe and so on, who would always have a kind word to say about the blog, and the army as it went along.

The guys at the Tomb Kings Khemri forum, who have encouraged the heck out of me and kept me going on Tomb Kings, even when the results on the table were a complete disaster! :-)

To my family, who put me through art school only to see it twisted into something as crazy as this!  Oh my!  The law of unintended consequences...

And finally, to all of you, who have kept coming into the insane asylum which is this blog.

I am not expecting to win anything at this point, although it would sure be fantastic if the Tainted Pharaoh pulled off the miracle! 

The story does not end, here, however. In fact, I have to rework the entire army for Adepticon.  So you will see plenty more Tomb Kings!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Well done - very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it should be us that thank you Jim. You have busted your butt so many times for the sake of keeping the blog alive it has certainly been an experience for us all, (all 168,171 of us XD), I certainly have found you inspirational and honoury for your sacrifices to miniature painting. Never before have I seen such dedication to an art form, and trust me I've seen many a lunatic in my day. Mainly the one that I call MUM.XD But not only that you have shared some of your great skills with us 'zombies' so we can one day follow in your famous foot steps. So once again thank you and good luck. Bye for now.

    Rory

    P.S. On behalf of all 50 members of NAWGC (North Ayrshire Wargames Club) they wish you good luck as I have been personally updating them with your progress. Some have viewed your earlier Tomb stuff and they loved it. Rooting for ya. NAWGC. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is great to have so much support!!!!!

      Cheers!
      Jim

      Delete
  3. well done jim, i have been following and waiting since the start 14 months ago, since we first talked about it. i am so excited to see it finished, and off to GD, you have my support, as well as the support of my gaming group. its just to bad we are not out there to help out.
    -jon m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope I don't let you guys down! Long ago I became quite aware that I was representing a whole lot more than just myself! I really do hope I can pull off one more miracle...

      Delete
  4. Simply stunning work!

    Its been a joy to see this evolve and thanks for taking the time to produce the blog so we can see it all

    Bradders

    ReplyDelete