Saturday, June 23, 2012

Making holes look like holes: Tomb Kings Armies on Parade

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now it is time to do the landscaping on the "ground" level of the Tomb complex.  First, I had to see if I could make the hole which our sneaky grave robbers made look anything like a real hole!

Photobucket

You can see how I started, using the miracle blue tape in thin strips to connect the hole on the outer layer to the smaller on the ceiling of the Tomb.  I then used my new miracle substance, red oxide paste.Actually, the color does not mean anything, it is the paste itself.  It is just like flex paste, except it already has sand included.  This meant that all I had to do was take a brush and layer it onto my tape lattice!

Photobucket

Now you can see the sprinkling of light sand and gravel to make it look a bit more real...
Photobucket

These  next pictures show me applying this to the rest of the board, trying to leave some flat areas for miniatures.  I love the way I can take my bitz and sink them into the wet paste, rather than having to glue them and smash my sand and gravel in there later!  I can even brush a tiny bit of the paste over the top, to make it look like it is even more sand covered.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had to work somewhat rapidly, making sure that all my bitz were secure in their sandy beds.
Photobucket

Here is an unfortunate casualty, a victim of a Bretonnian arrow?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Now you get a peek at the next stage... the images on the obelisk and back wall!
Photobucket

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment