Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saruman in 30 minutes or less...

Ever find yourself in need of a Saruman on horseback to make the Grima/Sarumon combo work with your Easterling/Khandish speed demon army?  And you only have 30-40 minutes to spend on said project?

Should you find yourself in this situation, and you have:
An unused Ringwraith mini
Some Empire bits
Green Stuff and plasticard,

than you can make yourself the needed figure in quick order.

When I noticed that the robes of the Rinwraith were not full of holes and tears, as I first thought it would be, I thought it could work.  I sawed off the hood/head, and left off the sword arm.  I found an Empire head that looked as close to Saruman as possible, and pinned it in place.  I did the same with the arm.  I was not concerned if it did not look exactly like the official staff.  I wanted something glowy!

Then, I remembered that the Palantir is a one use item, so I put the Palantir together in a few minutes with poystyrene tubing and plasticard.  Again, I did not want to spend a lot of time on this, since I may only ever use that Grima/Saruman combo in one game!

As that was setting up, I sculpted the hair and the rest of the robes.  I put him on a magical looking base, so now he is ready to paint!  The whole process took around 30+ minutes.  I will be speed painting him, (probably as a warm up) in the next few days.  I will post those images when ready!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment