Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rogal Dorn scratch sculpt

I will begin this post by stating that I did not sculpt this bad boy... my job was simply to paint him! :-)

It was a very impressive sculpting job.  It was massive, with far more details than all these pictures can even display.  Major kudos to the sculptor, who I believe is Jeff Wilhem (of Dragonforge)!  If I get more info on that, I will edit the post as needed.

Anyway, this was a heck of a painting challenge.  To give you an idea of the size and scale, he is on a 60mm base.  For all those who like giant Primarchs, this guy is for you!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These WIP images give you some idea of just how many pieces and parts had to be painted!

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. The sculptor is Freakforge, I followed the wip in the "La Armada" forum.

    http://laarmada.info/index.php?topic=11963.msg170982#msg170982

    The paint job is awesome, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing sculpts like that deserve the amazing paint job you gave it. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing sculpt I've been waiting to see this painted. Are you getting to paint the other primarks that he has done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is the only one that I have had the chance to paint. It certainly was an amazing bit of sculpting! I can only imagine what the others must look like!

      Delete
    2. I've got a few pics of the other primarks. hes done the lion, ferrus manus and Corax so far. Heres a link to his log on warseer where he has some cool sculpts.

      http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?241263-FreakForge´s-lair&highlight=freakforge

      Delete
  4. A tear of joy just rolled down my cheek upon seeing this mini. An amazing sculpt and stunning paintjob. I particularly love the cherub lighting the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really wonderful work. Beautiful sculpt, and amazing painting. The cloak is just fantastic. The whole thing has a great atmosphere. Wow ...

    ReplyDelete