Friday, May 25, 2012

Reflective armor surfaces

This was my very first squad of Grey Knights that I ever made for the Brotherhood of the Sacred Chalice.

I thought I would have some fun with the tile floor, and attempt to reflect those colors on the grieves.  When reflecting colors, it is important to make them a bit darker than the actual surface that is being mirrored, as well as greyed down and  a little distorted.

Patterns such as the square tiles were ideal on sich a straight surface as the lower leg armor!

Photobucket

Reflective GK ONE

Reflective GK TWO

Reflective GK THREE

This was the first ever space marine conversion for me, circa 2007.  I think it was originally a Nurgle marine, with a CSM head.  I sculpted the chalice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment