Friday, March 23, 2012

Forgeworld Blood Slaughterer

I did a pair of these vehicles in 2010.  All the articulated joints in the legs presented a huge challenge.  While it made them quite pose able, there was little or no strength in them... at least not enough to bear the massive weight of the bodies. 

So, I put a flying base support under each of them, and took all the weight from the legs.  That allowed me to make the fun movement trays for them!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the trays for both miniatures:
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I won a copy of this model. I've painted the requisite Bezerkers that allow me to field it, but I want to do one more Bezerker and a rhino for them... The model doesn't look so large all in pieces in a bag, I'll have to think how I want to base it, given it has trouble supporting its own weight according to you.

    I prefer not having to pin stuff, which supposedly is one of the advantages or resin over metal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many tiny pieces to the articulated legs, you have a lot of little joints that have to bear the weight of the big torso.

    Also, having the flying stand support the body let me do more dramatic posing of the legs, which was nice, since there were two of them!

    I hope you enjoy painting yours!

    ReplyDelete